Call for Entries
About the Exhibition
The Idaho Falls National Exhibition is an annual juried exhibition by the Idaho Falls Arts Council and exhibited at the Willard Arts Center in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Artists working in all mediums throughout the United States are invited to submit. This is an open show with no geographic boundaries.
- First Place - $750
- Second Place - $500
- Third Place - $250
- Honorable Mentions
- People's Choice - Winner featured on all promotional materials for the next year.
- Over 5,000 people visit the exhibition each year
- Exhibition artworks are included in a full color catalogue and on the IFAC's website
- Membership to the Idaho Falls Arts Council includes 10% discount on Mainstage Shows, 10% discount on gallery purchases, discounted rentals, and discounted admission to ARTitorium
Artists may submit up to three artworks and should include one JPEG image of each artwork. The entry form must be filled out and received along with the JPEG submissions by January 18. You will be notified by the method of your submission. If mailing, please include a stamped self-addressed envelope. Please send completed form along with CD of images to:
Attn: Georgina Goodlander
Idaho Falls Arts Council
498 A St.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Or email your submission to email@example.com
- Wednesday, January 18 - Entries Due
Friday, February 17 - Notification of Accepted Artwork
Monday, March 13 - Accepted Artwork Due at the Willard Arts Center
- Thursday, March 16 - Opening Reception and Awards Announcement
- Monday, June 12 - Local Artwork Pick-up
- Wednesday, June 14 - Artwork Returned by Mail
- Submissions can be made by email or mail (see above). Images must be JPEG and at least 300DPI
- Entry is free, but participants must be current IFAC members. Membership for artists is $35/year. If you are not a current member, either include a check for $35 with your entry or purchase a membership on our website
- Artwork must have been created within the last three years and not been previously exhibited at the Willard Arts Center
- Artists must be at least 14 years of age or older
- Artists have the option of selling their artwork. Please note IFAC retains a 35% commission on all sales
- Materials submitted with entries (CDs, USB drives) cannot be returned
Virginia was born in Southern California, but grew up in Utah. She is a museum educator as well as a textile artist, knitter, and knitwear designer. Virginia has been Curator of Education at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts since 1994 teaching families, children, and teachers about art and museums. She has a BA in Art History from Brigham Young University, a MA in Museum Education from John F. Kennedy University in California, and a MPh in Educational Philosophy from the Univerity of Utah. Virginia's art is inspired by the landscape in her hometown of Salt Lake City, Utah and she has been an artist-in-residence at Black Rock Desert/High Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and hte Great Basin National Park in Nevada.