About the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Since its founding in 1990, the Idaho Falls Arts Council has committed to hosting an array of events, arts, performances, and venues to feature local and international talent within Idaho Falls and its surrounding areas. Now consisting of the Willard Arts Center, the historic Colonial Theater, the ARTitorium, and the Civic Center, these settings provide the means to have an annual impact of $2.7 million on the local community in the form of art galleries, 10 - 16 mainstage shows, 8 visual arts exhibitions, and community events all year long. The continued support of its staff members and volunteers accommodate the thousands of individuals who partake in the local arts community.
Support the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Get Involved or Attend an Event
Become a Member Volunteer Become a Sponsor Colonial Uncorked
Call for Artists: 14th Annual Juried Exhibition
The Idaho Falls National Exhibition is an annual juried exhibition by the Idaho Falls Arts Council (IFAC) and exhibited at the Willard Arts Center in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Artists working in all mediums throughout the United States are invited to submit. This is an open show with no geographic boundaries.
Four cash prizes will be awarded: first place ($750), second place ($500), third place ($250), and Curator’s Choice ($125). Honorable Mentions and People’s Choice will also be awarded.
- More than 5,000 exhibition visitors each year
- Exhibition artworks are included in a full color catalogue & on IFAC’s website
- The People’s Choice award winner is featured on all promotional materials for the next year
Applications closed January 19, 2022. Artists will be notified of selections by February 18, 2022.
- Entry fee is $40 or $35 for members of The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho
- Artists may submit up to three artworks
- Submissions must include one JPEG image of each artwork, at least 300 DPI
- Submissions must be made online on or before January 19
- Artwork must have been created within the last 3 years and not previously exhibited at the Willard Arts Center
- Artists must be at least 14 years of age
- Artists have the option of selling their artwork. IFAC retains a 35% commission on all sales
- January 19, 2022 - Entries Due
- February 18 - Acceptance Notification
- March 14 - Artwork Due to Willard Arts Center
- March 17 - Opening & Awards Reception
- May 30 - Local Artwork Pick-up
- June 1 - Mailed Artwork Shipped
2022 Juror: Amy Graham
Amy Graham is an Artist and Art Educator born and raised in SE Idaho. Her career began at 3 years old, with her first art exhibit--a sharpie drawing on her parents’ kitchen cupboards. (Unfortunately, it wasn’t well received.) Growing up, she drew constantly, especially during math class. Deciding she was tired of getting in trouble for drawing during school, she chose to study art in college. She combined her love for art + being with people, and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Art Education from BYU-Idaho. After teaching Jr High and High School art, she went rogue and began independently teaching classes/private lessons to people of all ages--at community centers, staff parties, church groups, from her own home, etc. She is currently making commission portraits, teaching private lessons, heading up the Shelley Youth Art Group, as well as teaching art classes to Pocatello’s after-school programs. (ADHD is her superpower/kryptonite for getting involved in many things!) Amy, her husband Patrick, and their three little hyper sons are currently squatters living in her parents’ basement while they build their dream home against the Shelley foothills.
To see Amy’s work, Follow her on Instagram @ByAmyGraham.Art or on Facebook: By Amy Graham.