About the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Since its founding in 1990, the Idaho Falls Arts Council has committed to hosting an array of events, arts, performances, and venues to feature local and international talent within Idaho Falls and its surrounding areas. Now consisting of the Willard Arts Center, the historic Colonial Theater, the ARTitorium, and the Civic Center, these settings provide the means to annually raise $2.7 million toward the local community in the form of art galleries, 10 - 16 mainstage shows, 8 visual arts exhibitions, and community events all year long. The continued support of its volunteers and over 60 staff members accommodate the thousands of individuals who partake in the local arts community.
Support the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Get Involved or Attend an Event
Community is at the Heart of the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Created by the community to help make a place where people want to live. We welcome all and strive to have something for everyone.
The Idaho Falls Art Council has 9 artist studios on the second floor of the Willard Arts Center and one large basement office/studio on 440 N Capital. They are available to area artists as a place with huge potential for the artist and the community.
The studio gallery is open to the public during IFAC office hours - Monday through Thursday 9am - 5pm, Friday 9am - 3pm, and Saturday, 11 am - 3 pm. Individual artists open their studios at various times, including during the Idaho Falls Gallery Walk. You can follow IFAC on Facebook to be notified of open houses and other activities. The WAC studio artists have an annual exhibition of recent work in the Hall Gallery on the second floor of the Willard Arts Center.
***Call the Arts Council at (208) 522-0471 for information on renting a space.***
On the 2nd Floor of the Willard Arts Center
Current Resident Artists
As a potential resident, below is a brief review of the benefits one would receive as a WAC Artist:
- Variety of studio sizes- ranging from 110 to 300 sq. ft.
- Natural lighting- 7 of the studios have exterior windows
- There are common areas of a break room, kitchen, and bathrooms
- Exhibition spaces- all artists are welcome to hang work in the front entry, down the halls and all over the walls of the studio spaces
- The Idaho Falls Arts Council will provide oversight of the exhibition space(s) during operating hours
- Any sales made by artists go 100% to that artist. The Idaho Falls Arts Council is available to make sales and if utilized, a 10% commission will be held
- Studios are encouraged to be open and be a part of the First Thursday Gallery Walk and Colonial Theater events
- The Idaho Falls Art Council is active in promoting WAC Artists through a dedicated webpage, Facebook, and other materials
- 24 hour access to their individual studio
- Amazing downtown location with the opportunity to work among other artists
- Reduced rental fees for use of the Willard Arts Center spaces
- Possible studio visits arranged in conjunction with the Carr Gallery and visiting artists
- Opportunity to exhibit in Hall Community Gallery