About the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Since its founding in 1990, the Idaho Falls Arts Council has committed to hosting an array of events, arts, performances, and venues to feature local and international talent within Idaho Falls and its surrounding areas. Now consisting of the Willard Arts Center, the historic Colonial Theater, the ARTitorium, and the Civic Center, these settings provide the means to have an annual impact of $2.7 million on the local community in the form of art galleries, 10 - 16 mainstage shows, 8 visual arts exhibitions, and community events all year long. The continued support of its staff members and volunteers accommodate the thousands of individuals who partake in the local arts community.
Support the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Get Involved or Attend an Event
Community is at the Heart of the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Created by the community to help make a place where people want to live. We welcome all and strive to have something for everyone.
Call for Artists: 15th Annual Juried Exhibition
The Idaho Falls National Exhibition is an annual juried exhibition by the Idaho Falls Arts Council (IFAC) and exhibited at the Willard Arts Center in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Artists working in all mediums throughout the United States are invited to submit. This is an open show with no geographic boundaries.
Four cash prizes will be awarded: first place ($750), second place ($500), third place ($250), and Curator’s Choice ($125). Honorable Mentions and People’s Choice will also be awarded.
- More than 5,000 exhibition visitors each year
- Exhibition artworks are included in a full color catalogue & on IFAC’s website
- The People’s Choice award winner is featured on all promotional materials for the next year
Applications will close January 18, 2023. Artists will be notified of selections by February 17, 2023.
- Entry fee is $40 or $35 for members of The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho
- Artists may submit up to three artworks
- Submissions must include one JPEG image of each artwork, at least 300 DPI
- Submissions must be made online on or before January 18, 2023
- Artwork must have been created within the last 3 years and not previously exhibited at the Willard Arts Center
- Artists must be at least 14 years of age
- Artists have the option of selling their artwork. IFAC retains a 35% commission on all sales
- January 18, 2023 - Entries Due
- February 17 - Acceptance Notification
- March 13 - Artwork Due to Willard Arts Center
- March 16 - Opening & Awards Reception
- May 29 - Local Artwork Pick-up
- May 30 - Mailed Artwork Shipped
2023 Juror: Anne Voillequé
Anne received her Bachelor of Fine Arts from Idaho State University in 1988. Her primary emphasis was metals, although she also worked in the mediums of oil, printmaking, fibers, papermaking, and sculpture. Anne’s metalwork has been exhibited in select galleries in Cannon Beach, Oregon, and Boise. Her piece “Night of the Fawn” was featured in Jewelry/Metalwork SURVEY #3, edited by David LaPlantz, 1993.
Encaustic has become Anne’s medium of choice: “It provides me a chance to employ techniques from other disciplines, but each piece is subject to the whims of the process by which the art is made. For me, the medium of encaustic is a hands-on, labor-intensive process that combines materials, metaphor, and mystery. The process engages the contemplative side of my nature, even as a lot is going on at once.”
Anne is actively involved in the Idaho Falls community and has been a huge supporter of many local arts organizations, including the Idaho Falls Arts Council, the Idaho Falls Symphony, and the Art Museum of Eastern Idaho.