About the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Since its founding in 1990, the Idaho Falls Arts Council has committed to hosting an array of events, arts, performances, and venues to feature local and international talent within Idaho Falls and its surrounding areas. Now consisting of the Willard Arts Center, the historic Colonial Theater, the ARTitorium, and the Civic Center, these settings provide the means to have an annual impact of $2.7 million on the local community in the form of art galleries, 10 - 16 mainstage shows, 8 visual arts exhibitions, and community events all year long. The continued support of its staff members and volunteers accommodate the thousands of individuals who partake in the local arts community.
Support the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Get Involved or Attend an Event
Community is at the Heart of the Idaho Falls Arts Council
Created by the community to help make a place where people want to live. We welcome all and strive to have something for everyone.
How do I show my work at the Willard Arts Center?
The Idaho Falls Arts Council accepts exhibition proposals for the Willard Arts Center on a rolling basis.
To submit: Email a brief artist or exhibition statement, biography, and artist résumé along with at least five representative images to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted year-round, but the earlier you submit the better, as the schedule can fill quickly.
Things to Note:
- Exhibitions are planned in line with the Colonial Theater season. The Visual Arts Director will review proposals in January/February for the upcoming season that begins in the fall and ends the summer of the following year.
- We welcome artists working in any medium.
- The Carr Gallery on the first floor is usually reserved for group shows while the Hall Gallery on the second floor is ideal for solo exhibitions.
- All exhibitions include an opening reception with refreshments.
- Artists are responsible for delivering their work to and from the galleries. The Visual Arts Director designs and installs all exhibitions.
- The Idaho Falls Arts Council takes a 35% commission on any sales.